I have problems with two XBee modules.
The first one is XBP24-Z7WIT-005 revB and the second one is XBP24-BWIT-004 revD. Using X-CTU I could not communicate with neither of them.
With other two modules (XBP24-Z7UIT-004J revE and XBP24-BCIT-004 revD) and the same hardware I have no problems – communication and firmware upload is working just fine.
I could not figure out why the first two modules do not work. If anyone has a clue I would appreciate the help.
What message do you get from from the two unresponsive modules in XCTU on the PC Settings tab if you do Test/Query?
Thank you for your reply!
On Digi web site I could not find detailed information about these modules. But here (http://www.tdata.com.au/prodpricing/prodsect.aspx?psupp=D200&pcat=220) I found a brief description about the modules I have problems with.
XBP24-Z7WIT-005 revB is an End Device working in API mode.
Test/Query with “Enable API” check box turned on gives the following:
Communication with modem…OK
Modem type = Name unknown (ID = 42949672482012318844)
Modem firmware version =
If “Enable API” is turned off then the result is “Unable to communicate with modem”.
XBP24-BWIT-004 revD is a Router working in AT/Transparent mode.
Test/Query gives exactly the same result.
With other modules I don’t have this issue and everything works just fine and I use them in a ZigBee-PRO application with MCUs and so on.
I was planning to change the firmware of the modules as I did for other devices and use them in the same application.
Since both modules I have problem with give the same result I doubt it is possible that they are defective. I was wondering if there is something special about these modules but I could not find any information.
Test/Query with “Enable API” check box turned on gives the following: Communication with modem…OK Modem type = Name unknown (ID = 42949672482012318844) Modem firmware version =
Try different baud rates.