Realport Drivers Fedora fc6

Please let me know if anyone has advice on getting the Realport drivers to load on Fedora Core 6.

Check in this thread from the Device/Terminal Servers forum: http://www.digi.com/support/forum/viewthread_thread,3933#12305

You should also consider moving this to one of the other Digi forums. I’ve never the situation to load RealPort under Linux - plus I use Ubuntu which is NOT directly supported.

Keep in mind you’ll only need RealPort if you want some form of UART/RS-232 style control of the remote port. For example I have used Python under both RedHat 6.3 and Ubuntu 6.x+ to move serial protocols to TCP or UDP port 2101 directly. Most Digi product also support RFC2217, so if all you want is to use a long break or toggle DTR/DSR manually once in a while you could use RFC2217 without RealPort. If all you need is RTS/CTS HW flow control or RTS/CTS Radio Modem hand-shaking, both of those can be set directly into the Digi One or TS product independent of use of RealPort or TCP port 2101 etc.

The IAP forum is watched by Lynn (myself) who likes IA protocols and things made different by IA functionality, but the UNIX/RealPort people would not watch it.

thanks we have been able to get the drivers to install now however we seem to be missing some of the tools. I do not get a usr/opt/realport dir. I am however able to use dgipserv.

The /usr/opt/realport directory does not exist with this driver. Perhaps, it is being confused with the FAS driver?

The following article should be useful for installing the driver and configuring the Digi unit(s):

http://www.digi.com/support/kbase/kbaseresultdetl.jsp?id=170

thanks, that got me half way. I now have the following error

[root@localhost ~]# cd /usr/bin/dgrp/config
[root@localhost config]# dgrp_cfg_node init a 10.0.0.202 16
insmod: error inserting ‘/lib/modules/2.6.20-1.2944.fc6/misc/dgrp.ko’: -1 Invalid module format
ERROR: couldn’t load driver (err: 0).
[root@localhost config]#

At this point, I recommend contacting Digi Tech. Support and sending them the complete “typescript” of the driver installation/compilation to pursue this further.

moved :wink: