Removing/Replacing the Digi logo

Is it possible to change the Digi logo on the Connect ME’s web/java interface?

Are there versions of the common.jar and configApp.jar without the Digi logo?

Thanks

There are no versions of the common and configApp jar files with the Digi logo removed. You could, however, rebuild these two archive files and remove and/or replace the log as desired.

With the Customization Kit, our customer receives the complete source code to both the common and configApp jar files.

Armed with this source code changes are certainly possible, including changing the displayed logo, product name, etc.

You will have to download Apache Ant in order build the common and configApp jar files.

I, myself, have just confirmed this by renaming the device and using another company’s logo.

Here are a couple of tips:

1. If you are going to make changes to either common or configApp, you will have rebuild both jar files and upload them into the ME. Failure to due so will result in the Java applet failing to load, due to a applet signature mismatch (between the Digi signed file(s) and the one the customer rebuilt).

2. The samples\applet\common directory is missing a couple of sub-directories, which the build.bat file will nbe looking for when Ant attempts to rebuild the jar. In the common directory make sure to create a lib\ sub-directory and in src\ create a resources\ sub-directory. Both sub-directories can remain empty.

I hope this information helps you. If not, please let us know.

Regards,
Cameron

Can the Digi logo, and the titles and headers of the HTML pages, be changed in the web interface (i.e. without going to the Java interface)?
My problem is that the sample Java applet doesn’t have some of the functionality I need (in particular access to WPA configuration) so it doesn’t do this job for me. I can easily see how to modify the HTML and GIF files to do what I want, but I can’t find a way of getting these files into the Connect Wi-ME.
Thanks for your help.
Rowan