I am having the following problem with sleeping/ waking Xbee:
- I set SM to normal mode (0)
- I set the sleep time to 10 s (SP) and wake time to 5 s (ST)
- I set SM to sync sleep ( 8 ). The device now counts 5 s and goes to sleep for 10 s
- When the device wake up, I have 5 seconds to do something, so I set SM to 0 again, so it wont go to sleep anymore.
- I set SM to 8 again and here is the problem. The device should wait 5 seconds and go to sleep for 10 seconds. Instead, the device goes to sleep for 10 seconds as soon as I set the SM to 8, without the 5 seconds delay.
What could be the case of this behavior? Do I understand sleep system incorrectly? I would appreciate all help.