S3B-900HP Programmable - topology diagrams

With the assumption that a custom UI would also need to be developed for whatever system is displaying it, is there sufficient enough access with what’s provided in the XBee CW SDK to allow a developer to create a similar reproduction of XCTU’s network topology diagram within Network Working Mode? My network is entirely composed of S3B-900HP programmables in API mode.

I like seeing the signal quality dBm of the neighboring nodes and also how they are linked. This is sufficient information for what I want to develop into a UI. So if it is possible, what libraries/functions would be a good starting point?

Thanks

I don’t know if there is enough memory but you can use the ND command to get the data with.

Sorry, I am having trouble following.

Since the DigiMesh protocol is only going to get you the RSSI of the last hop, then assuming you know the way the route table is configured, you should be able to reproduce what the Network Working mode topology diagram shows, as it only shows dBm from consecutive neighboring nodes and not across multiple.

In my mind, it seems one way to do this is to iterate N times through the Coordinator’s NODE_TABLE:

for (i=0; i

That is one way.

If I were to go the original Unicast trace route approach, how would I reliably request RSSI via the DB command if it applies to the “last packet received”?

I see a couple issues:

1.) How do you know who transmitted to it last? (unless you transmit to it, then immediately follow up with “DB” which isn’t necessarily practical.

2.) How on earth would you reliably obtain a “branch” node’s RSSI if that node branched off 3 different ad hoc mesh routes? Then it would be ambiguous as to between which other host that received signal quality applied to.

Thanks