Serial bridge p2p

Hello,
I’m trying to set p2p serial bridge within a single Portserver TS 16, but I’m not able to make things work.

Basically, I’d like to set a port in this way:

port #13
connect to: localhost
tcp port: 2114

port #14
connect to: localhost
tcp port: 2113

Actually, I set the real assigned IP instead of localhost.

Is this feasible or p2p on the same device doesn’t work? I’m preparing a testbed while, in deployment, I will use two separate Digi devices.

The actual problem is that the portserver’s web/CLI interfaces tell me that there are no active connections, while I’d expect to see at least two connections. When device is supposed to establish a connection, as soon it is configured in this way or upon some event?

Do you have port 13 and port 14 connected to each other or to other serial devices?
If connected to each other, are you using a crossover cable?

Are the ports configured for rs232?

How do you have the ports configured? ReealPort, TCP, UDP, other?

Which operating system are you using?
This will help in determining how you can test the set up.

Do you need to use TCP or will UDP also meet your needs?

port #13 and #14 are connected each with a different device (one is rs232, other is 485).

For configuration, I use “Serial bridge” option available in Portserver’s web interface, where I select “peer to peer” option. The client OS is Kubuntu, but I only use it for accessing CLI and web interface, while the rs232 and 485s are proprietary devices with no OS installed.

UDP would also be an acceptable solution.

I recommend looking over the following instructional video:

http://www.digi.com/learningcenter/video/player.jsp?videoid=configuring-a-serial-bridge-using-portserver-or-digi-one-products

thank you, I’ll check it out.

BTW, is there a way to download the serial ports’ log data (which I have enabled on Portserver)?

thank you, I’ll check it out.

BTW, is there a way to download the serial ports’ log data (which I have enabled on Portserver)?

Yes, you can save it to a syslog server. This is only via the CLI using the ‘set logport’ command. Syntax is in this manual:
http://ftp1.digi.com/support/documentation/92000304_N.pdf