serial ppp netos

Hi

I am seriously looking at the “Connect ME” module and the devkit. But I want to be sure that a PPP modem connection is supported in the SDK.

Thanks
Felix

Hello FlexyZ,
The Digi Connect ME module has support for PPP in the Development Kit. There are several examples supplied, with the Development kit on how to implement PPP. However the Digi supplied firmware does not have PPP support. A quick review of the On-line data-sheet does show this.
http://www.digi.com/pdf/prd_ds_digiconnectme.pdf

Really no input what so ever on this topic?

Thanks

No modem drivers on the ME. It is entirely Ethernet. I suppose you could connect a modem chip to the serial side and then have a modem that has an ethernet connection for use on a LAN - sounds like a product to me! I’d buy one. :wink:

-Erik

Hi

I have just ordered a Digi Connect ME devkit, and I need to be able to make a PPP connection on a serial link.

Are there for a fact working examples in the devkit?

Thanks
Felix

Hello Felix,

Yes, the Connect Development Kit does provide support for PPP. Additionally, there is a working PPP example application shipped with the kit as well.

Cameron

Thanks

That is great to hear :slight_smile: looking forward to receive the devkit.

Is there any resource online that I can look at now?

Felix

Hi all,

I have just been looking at the documentation, and it looks like that COM1 is the only serial port available with DCD etc.

I want to make PPP connection with a modem, and I guess that I have to use COM1 (need to peek the DCD, so I can detect carrier loss), if so where can I se my debug?

I am not used with gdb etc, can I dump debug and program flow information in the gdb console?

Thanks
Felix

Hi All,

Got it solved, I am using COM2 til display the debug-info :slight_smile:

Felix