Set 'Manufacturer Code' and define XBee as router with endpoint.

Dear Forum,

I’ve been trying to get my XBee S2C to connect to my Osram Lightify Pro network, and have finally gotten there.

However, the commissioning software doesn’t identify the XBee, Im guessing because it doesn’t appear on the ‘whitelist’ of allowed devices.

I have set DD to 0x0210, which should be the identifier for an extended colour changing lightbulb, but to no benefit.

If I use ZDO’s to query the XBee, it doesn’t show as having any endpoints (using a ‘Simple Descriptor Request’) so the DD doesn’t show up.

The other issues is that even if it does show as an endpoint with a bulb, a ‘Node Descriptor Request’ gives off Digi’s manufacturer code and Ideally I want to change that to Osrams.

Anyone any ideas how I can ‘spoof’ the network by changing these values?

kind regards

Andy

That’s because the XBee and its firmware by its self does not directly support that profile. You would need to use an external processor along with the radios API interface with ZDO pass-thru mode to support the various ZDO commands.

Thanks mvut.

Rapidly coming to the conclusion that you are one of the people to know around here.

I don’t actually need the XBee to function as an end point. I just need it to report that it is, even if thats via the frame generator using the API to frame ZDO/ZCL commands.

I do have a RPi sitting in front of me, and the ultimate aim would be to have it running Wireshark whilst the XBee sits on the channel and passes network traffic thru to it.

but baby steps.

And, I have zero clue how to program ‘stuff’. Gave myself a pat on the back just getting the thing connected; which was actually depressingly easy after 3 days of working on this.

Try sending the radio and active end point query. You can see what that should look like in the product manual for the XBee.