Setup XBee Series 1: 1 Coordinator, 2 End Device on Arduino

Check the baud rate of your processor and make sure that it matches the baud rate of the XBee.

I would also simply wire the data out line of the shield to the interface boards Data in Line and then see what happens. You should see the data show up on the terminal. If that does not work, then you have an issue with the board or wiring or code as you have then removed the radio out of the picture.

I have done a big step forward (the shield was dead)!
I am able to send a packet (in API mode) from a End node to the Coordinator: I recieve the packet in XCTU.
Unfortunately, I am unable to read this packet when I place radio on a second arduino.
At the coordinator, when the data is sent, on the xbeeshield, the RSSI is on and the DOUT is blinking. On the monitor, I get Error code:3.

Code at End Node: (CH E, ID 3332, DH 0, DL 1, MY FFFE, CE 0, A1 4, A2 0, BD 9600, AP 1)

#include

XBee xbee=XBee();
Tx16Request tx;
uint8_t buffer[12];
byte size;

void setup() {
Serial.begin(9600);
xbee.setSerial(Serial);
}

void loop() {
size=0;
buffer[size++]=‘H’;
buffer[size++]=‘i’;
tx=Tx16Request(0x01, buffer, size);
xbee.send(tx);
delay(3000);
}

Code at Coordinator: (CH E, ID 3332, DH 0, DL FFFF, MY 1, CE 1, A1 0, A2 4, BD 9600, AP 1)

#include
#include

SoftwareSerial XBeeSerial(2, 3); // RX, TX

XBee xbee=XBee();
Rx16Response rx16=Rx16Response();

void setup() {
Serial.begin(9600);
XBeeSerial.begin(9600);
xbee.setSerial(XBeeSerial);
Serial.println(“ready”);
}

void loop() {
xbee.readPacket(100);
if(xbee.getResponse().isAvailable()) {
if(xbee.getResponse().getApiId()==RX_16_RESPONSE) {
xbee.getResponse().getRx16Response(rx16);
Serial.print(rx16.getRssi());
for(int i=0; i

This is a Code problem now. At this point, you are going to need to talk to someone who understand the Arduino and the Code you are using to address this.

Thanks for your help, XBee is a great product!

Hi i have also one issue similar like that ,
actually i want to communicate in same way but at the end device side i dont have controller where as at cordinator side i have controller.
i need to program such way that at reciver side both the end device send data packet to co ordinator.

can anyone provide me the solution or some code for which i can do that…i am using Xbee series2 module???

i want to write program which recieves data from both ebd device and store in the varibales at co ordinator side,just have a look and tell???

That is something you need to write your self or hire someone to write for you.

As for the configuration of the XBee’s, just use their default configuration and you will be fine.

Hello! Did you solve your issue?