Some questions

Hello,

I would really appreciate if someone could shed some light on the following:

I have 5 xbees. 1 is loaded with Znet 2.5 Coordinator AT (1041) and the other with Znet 2.5 Router/End Node AT (1241)

I have set differents ID to all of them.
some how I cannot (why?) set the PAN OP ID to any of them (looks like read-only) and for the coordinator it is 1111, while for the nodes is FFFF (actually one of the node has 234).
the destination address of the coordinator is 0-FFFF and the nodes have all 0-0.
baud is 9600 everywhere (i am not reprogramming the xbees)

I use arduinos and xbeeshields. the coordinator is w/o the processor with the jumpers of the xbee shield to USB (i.e. should be a USB-XBEE Gateway), while all the nodes are on arduinos and xbee shields with jumpers in XBEE.

The nodes have the associate led on, while the coordinato has it blinking 1 per sec.

Can anyone explain what is going on? From my understanding these should be working but i do not read anything out of the serial port from my coordinator using XCTU.
If i send an ATND (following a +++OK) to the coordinator… i get nothing in return…

Very Best and Thanks

Message was edited by: marcoxbee

I think the first thing you’ll want to do is update firmware: http://www.digi.com/support/productdetl.jsp?pid=3261&osvid=0&s=269&tp=2

As for the PAN ID, OP is a read only field which tells you what the Operating PAN ID is. To actually set the PAN ID (in other words change OP), you set the ID parameter, not OP. Set your Coordinator module to this PAN ID first, then set the various Routers to the same ID so they can join the Coordinator’s PAN. Once you’ve done all that, you should have a working XBee Network.