Transmit both serial frame and analog value with xbee 868 module

I have a XBee Digimesh 865/868 Module in transparent mode, so right now every frame it receives from a serial connection is sent through RF. I want to keep doing the same, but I would also like it to send the analog value read from one of the analog pins.

Is this possible? Do I need to work in API mode?
It won’t be a problem if the information has to be transmitted separately on different frames.

Thanks in advance. Regards,

Rodrigo

If you want to use the ADC function of the XBee, you will need to have the radio that is Outputting the ADC data in API mode. Otherwise you will not be ale to see that data.

Yes, the two types of data will be received on different API frames and you will be able to tell the difference between them.

1 Like

Can you give me any hint on how to prepare it? I’m not a big expert on API Mode programming. Do you know if there is any example kind of similar to what I want to do?

The article located at http://knowledge.digi.com/articles/Knowledge_Base_Article/Digital-and-analog-sampling-using-XBee-radios/?q=analog+to+digital&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1 should give you a good idea on how to do it.