Trouble interfacing Teensy 3.1 and XBEE via SPI bus

Hi, doing a small project using Teensy 3.1 and XBEE S6B via the SPI bus, and having trouble getting the XBEE to connect to any wi-fi network.

Device is properly powered, XCTU recognizes it, but no matter what settings are used, it does not seem to connect to wi-fi.

Thanks for any insight you may have.

Does the WIFI router you want to connect require enterprise level security? What is the exact firmware version you are working with on the XBee? What steps have you tried?

Thanks for the quick reply.

The router is WPA-2 Personal, and I am currently using firmware 2023. I am attempting to configure wifi parameters by SPI from Teensy 3.1 (latest firmware), but it is not connecting. Scanning the network shows no trace of IP activity. Any ideas?

Thanks for the quick reply.

The router is WPA-2 Personal, and I am currently using firmware 2023. I am attempting to configure wifi parameters by SPI from Teensy 3.1 (latest firmware), but it is not connecting. Scanning the network shows no trace of IP activity. Any ideas?

First, upgrade your firmware to the latest. Next, turn off encryption or security. Then try connecting via the UART. By going this rout, you should be able to then work up to the SPI and API mode.

Thanks for the reply.

I have updated to the latest firmware settings. Xbee will work when configured directly via XCTU, but not when programming via Teensy. I believe the problem has something to do with configuring the TCP/IP listening port, for which I just posted a new question.