Unable to communicate with RabbitLink

I can’t figure out why I can’t use Dynamic C 9.50 or RFU 9.50 to open a connection to my RabbitLink board. The RabbitLink is running Firmware Ver 2.1. When the RabbitLink and source computer are connected to the same router, I can discover the RabbitLink and download code to the target processor just fine. When they are connected to separate routers, I can’t discover or download via the RabbitLink. The network settings are correct. I can connect to RabbitLink using Hyperterminal with the same network parameters from the remote computer. It spits out strange characters when I connect via HyperTerm and responds to keyboard presses and I can see the activity light working. I don’t have an active Firewall on the source computer. Why can I communicate with HyperTerm and not with Dynamic C?

Also, when the router that the RabbitLink is connected to is reset, the RabbitLink needs to also be rebooted in order to establish a new connection. How long does it normally take for the Rabbitlink to establish a new connection after a connection is lost?

Thanks,

V