Using Advanced Debuffing Features in MULTI?

Ho do I turn on the advanced debugging features in MULTI so I can stop the debugger to inspect the state of the tasks running, memory, stack, etc. I tried setting the debugging level in builder to “MULTI” and recompiled everything but that does not seem to work.

Have you found the “ThreadX” icon top right of the debugging pane? (Magnifying glass, I think). I’d “lost” a lot of info until I noticed that! Steve

No, that seems to be the problem. I ran the simple threadX demo (instead of our app) and I never see the icons as described in the documentation. See attached file. We have the NET+OS v4 distribution with four patched files: elxr.exe (from Greenhills), ocdserv.exe, template.dll, and wigglers.dll. The last three files are for the JTAG fix. The first file was to fix a nastly linker problem we were having. Our Greenhills tools are v2.1

Ok, I figured it out - what a total pain. In order to properly debug the different tasks (threads) in Greenhills MULTI (v2.1 atleast), a configuration script must be run when the tool is first launched. This is of course not documented anywhere. Therefore a special shortcut has to be created in your source directory and it should be called something like “Launch Multi Tool Suite”. In the properties for this shortcut, the “Target” should be set as c:\green\multi.exe -rc txarm.rc which runs a configuration script that sets up MULTI to support the ThreadX debugging environment. Also in the shortcut, you will need to set “Start In” to your source directory where your application is. This ensures that MULTI uses your application directory as its base directory. This now gives you the buttons necessary in MULTI to inspect the threads (and their properties) that you have created when you halt the debugger. For whatever reason, just clicking on your .bld file does not set this up properly so you’ll never see the ThreadX debugging feature set. Try this fix using the ThreadX.pdf tutorial in c:\green\docs directory. I tested it with our App and it works too!

Re: Using Advanced (ThreadX) Debugging Features in MULTI? Correcting the subject…