What is meant by undeglitched inputs

Documentation for the RabbitNet RN1100 digital board rn_digIn function mentions it returns raw and undeglitched data. This does not make any sense.

Because the data is “massaged” by a microprocessor on the RN1100, and is then piped to the master over an RS422 link, the data should have already been debounced. What functions does one use if they want properly conditioned digital inputs from the RN1100.

Hello, There is a sample program DIGIN.C under DC9.62 installation at the below path, this app uses the rn_digIn() function.
C:\DCRABBIT_9.62\Samples\Rabbitnet\RN1100\DIO

If you are facing any issue with the sample program, inform Digi technical support at tech.support@digi.com.They may suggest you.

Thanks to member cpigilam for the heads up. I had looked under samples for the BL4S2xx but of course did not find the samples I was looking for.

Perhaps Digi support should move/copy rn-oriented sample code to a common location. Samples\RabbitNet would seem appropriate.

Thanks again cpigilam!
Sam

This is further to my response to member cpigilam. I just reviewed the sample code and it appears the real problem is with the description for what rn_digIn function really does. Apparently it does condition the input despite stating the contrary. This is expected behavior.

Would be nice if Digi reworded the description to remove reference to “raw” and “undeglitched”.

I’m seeing files in Samples/Rabbitnet for Dynamic C 10.72. The sample folder has product-specific samples along with generic samples that apply to multiple products.

Also, Samples/BLxS2xx/RabbitNet/ReadMe.c points to the samples in Samples/RabbitNet.

Is there something we should add to the next release to make them easier to find?

I’m not too familiar with the RabbitNet functionality – would debouncing depend on the device you’re reading from? I see references to “unglitched” in the macro definitions. Should we just update all references to “debounced” for clarity?