What is the max transfer rate for the LTE - EMEA TransPort WR21?

The TransPort spec sheet lists transfer rates for the Verizon and AT&T versions of the LTE modem. Unfortunately there is no max speed for the EMEA version.
What is the max transfer speed and what kind of speeds can I expect realistically?

1 Like

You can find the specifications on the product’s data page below:

http://www.digi.com/pdf/ds_digitransportwrfamily.pdf

This was the first place I checked, but the data for the EMEA version is missing. I just want to know what I can expect in a real world situation. I guess that 100Mbps is too optimistic, but I was hoping to be able to get higher than the 10Mbps I’m seeing in our lab environment.

There is a Hardware Modem limitation on Digi WR21 which limit the LTE Bandwich to 25 Mb/s.

The max bandwidth I got during my tests was :

• 13 Mb/s download
  • 10 Mb/s upload

This is in line with what we are seeing in the lab. We measure 22-23Mbps downlink. However the specs for the Sierra Wireless module inside says that it is capable of 100Mbps downlink and 50Mbps uplink. I would like to get close to those numbers. Do you know of any other modem that could help me? How about the bigger WR-series modems?

From Digi support, there is no hardware limitation regarding cellular modem on digi WR41 or digi WR44. So with these Hardware models, you could improve the bandwidth performance depends on radio coverage.

That is good news. What kind of speeds would I be able to get? Coverage is not a problem. I’m sitting in a lab with the antenna right next to me :slight_smile:

That is good news. Thank’s for answering.

What kind of speeds would I be able to get? Coverage is not a problem. I’m sitting in a lab with the antenna right next to me :slight_smile:

I do not test this equipement, but the max bandwidth should be 100 Mb/s downlink

Thank you. I’ll get my supplier to send me one for test.

Thanks for the answer.

I’ll get my supplier to send me one for test.