Why digi monitor is suspend automatically?

We connected the idigi monitor through tcp connection. It is in Active status for certain period of time, but sometimes it gets suspended. Can anyone say why it is happening like this!

Hi,

Did you write the TCP monitor client or are you using one you found? Occasionally due to network hiccups or inactivity the TCP connection may go down. When this happens your TCP client will need to reconnect and your monitor should show up as active again.

Let me know if you are seeing something else or if you have more details.

Thanks,
Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your reply. Actualy we are using TCP monitor client(java) which is getting from the following link https://github.com/digidotcom/idigi-java-monitor-api.

Is there any way to reconnect the TCP client again?

Because we do not know when it occurs.

Thanks

Hi,

I haven’t used that client before, but I see in the commit history that a few months ago it looks like they fixed or added support for reconnecting. You might want to test it out yourself by connecting the client from your computer and then temporarily disrupting the network connection and seeing if the client reconnects. If it doesn’t then maybe you can take a look to see if the library has a way to enable reconnecting, or if you can detect the disconnect and make a call to reconnect.

Chris