WR41 - Unable to obtain boot-loader - do you wish try again

Before 3 days i want to update my WR41 router to a new firmware version. But after flashing the router, it looks like a christmas tree :wink:

Because of this I used the flashing tool, to recover the firmware and boot-loader. I try, as in the official description for WR41v2_Step_by_step guide to recover the image. But it donā€™t work. I can start the flashing, select the .all file - the image will be write to the router, after this the next step is ā€œsleepingā€ and after this, the message appears to disconnect the power, click ok, power on - after this after multiple seconds the message appears ā€œUnable to obtain boot-loader - do you wish try againā€ and the router is blinking also like an christmas tree.
So what can i do?

Hi

If you are Flashing the firmware as in that document with a serial cable it should get BOOTLOADER

are you also using a switch/ hub between the router and the PC

if you get to the point where the router reboots if it goes to christmas tree try removing / reapplying power at that point

if it is still having problems you could contact Digi support as a RMA and they could help with the recovery process

regards

James

Which firmware did you flash?

Are you sure you have a WR41v2 and not a WR41v1?

What is the serial and part number of the device?

Part number is WR41-U7T1-DE1-ZZ and Serial 193658
Is there another process for the WR41v1?

ok - now I used 3 different serial cables. One is working and the router is updating a little bit more - but then it recieved "Failed to set W-WAN software counter? :frowning:

It is just different firmware that has been end of lifed. We sometimes try to get customers upgrading the wrong device. It looks like your WR41 is a v2 so you should be fine with that.

in the ini file of the firmware you can remove the

setwanmodule,

then you can bypass that part for now and get the router to a point you can access it .

regards