XB24-B: how to disable sleep mode?

Hi!

I have XBee Adapter (485), Module is XB24-B firmware 2842.

As 90000982_A.pdf said “The SM command is central to setting Sleep Mode configurations. By default, Sleep Modes are dis-
abled (SM = 0) and the module remains in Idle/Receive Mode. When in this state, the module is
constantly ready to respond to serial or RF activity.”

Hm… default value for SM in my module is 4…

I wish to disable sleep mode (I don’t need it in my application). But when I try to set SM=0, module return ERROR. Setting other values for SM parameter (1,2,4,5) works fine

+++
ATSM 1
OK

+++
ATSM 0
ERROR

So the question is “How I can disable the sleep mode?”

Thank you :slight_smile:

The issue you are experiencing is a result of the firmware not supporting No sleep. That is an end device is designed to sleep. If you want the node to be powered on all of the time, then I would suggest changing the firmware to Router instead of the End device.

Thanks a lot! How can I change the firmware to router?

BTW, when I try to read Modem Parameters and Firmware (Modev Configuration tab in X-CTU program) program shows me messagebox with “The modern configuration file was not found. Would you like to check the web site for updates?(Recommended)”… If I choose Yes, program downloads several files from the server and answers “Modem configuration file not found after update.”

As I understand in this situation I have no chance to write parameters to modem.

When I chose in combobboxes
Modem: XB24-B,
Function Set: ZNET 2.5 ROUTER/END DEVICE AT(for example),
change several parameters and push Write button, I see the message in status

Getting modem type…OK
Programming modem…Lost communication with modem
Write Parameters…Failed

To change firmware, the DTR and RTS lines are needed. This means that you will either need to use the over the air option found in a gateway or remove the module and mount it on an RS232 or USB board instead to change firmware versions.

Ok, I understand, thank you for smart answer!

At this time I have to found a way to get configuration file for my XB24-B (2842) in order to be able to change module parameters… I haven’t founded it at the digi.com support page :frowning:

Just load 2264 on it instead, its newer. You can get the firmware here:
http://www.digi.com/support/productdetl.jsp?pid=3430&osvid=0&s=365&tp=1

and modem hangs down (Assc lamp turns off) till reset or power off…

there’s no solution?

You don’t have the 2264 router firmware loaded. Once you do sleep mode will be disabled as a router does not sleep. If you are having problems writing the firmware to the module try setting the serial parameters under the PC tab to 9600 8n1 hardware flow control.

You don’t have the 2264 router firmware loaded.

No, I have it.
xbee_zb\XB24-ZB_2264.ehx
xbee_zb\XB24-ZB_2264.mxi

Once you do sleep mode will be disabled as a router does not sleep.

Sleep problem solved by using SM=1 mode, and connecting pins 9 to 10.

If you are having problems writing the firmware to the module try setting the serial parameters under the PC tab to 9600 8n1 hardware flow control.

I’ve tried hardware flow control… The same effect as on the screenshot from 15.03.2010 19:13:33 post.