XBEE Digimesh 2.4 SLEEP_RQ pin

Hi,

I went over the reference manual, but except for the pin out information I could not find any information regarding the use of the SLEEP_RQ pin. Can anyone please shed some light on this. I am trying to integrate the Xbee module to a custom micro-controller based board.

Also, is there a way to make the microcontroller put it’s Xbee radio alone to sleep? If I guessed right, that’s what the SLEEP_RQ pin does. Is that right?

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

dave.

You can not force the Xbee to sleep with Digimesh. The only sleeping that is allowed is cyclic sleep. Try using cyclic sleep and use the CTS pin to tell the uController when data can be sent.

Thank you very much for that info. I will check it out.

But do you have any idea as to what the SLEEP_RQ pin does? I’m designing a hardware platform for the Xbee and I have to know whether to disregard this pin and not use it.

The sleep pin is used for some different firmwares. It is possible that is will be used in future firmware versions of Digimesh. I would suggest connecting the pin to a pin on your uController for future releases or if you decide to go with a differnt series of Xbee.