XBee3 Cellular Cat M1 - PPP isn't working

I can’t get this module to start PPP. I am using a serial link DIN/DOUT, in bypass mode.

This is on AT&T. I’ve got the APN and everything set up… the context is active and get an IP address.

From a search I determined I have to send AT&S0

I then try to initiate the PPP session with ATD99**1#, I get the CONNECT 150000000, and then nothing. I can’t even break back into command mode with “~+++”, I have to use “+++” to get back to the XBEE3 firmware and reset the modem with “AT!R” to talk to it again.

Any ideas?

1 Like

Good people at Digi,

On the Cat M1 modules PPP was working fine until the last update to 11410. This update included a cellular update. Now, PPP connections can no longer be established with the Updated M1 module. The previous versions are no longer available via XCTU. We have a version 1140F and a 11410. The earlier firmware can establish a PPP connection. The later firmare cannot Please indicate what was changed and how to work around this. This problem is also in the CAT1 LTE module. PPP has never worked in CAT1 LTE. Please also indicate how to work around the LTE PPP problem as well. Thanks.