XBEE3 MMT U.FL empty footprint on RF-PAD version usable (internally connected)?

Hi everyone

I’ve some custom PCB’s left over from past year and was hoping to reuse them in an upcoming project. I usually use the U.FL Xbee3 version (XB3-24Z8UM-J), so my PCB doesn’t include an connection on the RF-Pad. The project uses an aluminium enclosure, so it needs an external antenna.

I’ve noticed that the Xbee3-MMT with U.FL connector (XB3-24Z8UM-J) appears out of stock everywhere, due to the global chip shortage I guess. I’ve also noticed that the Xbee3-MMT with RF-pad (XB3-24DMRM-J) contains the same U.FL footprint without pre-soldered U.FL connector (and it’s currently in stock).

Would it be possible to manually solder an U.FL connector on the RF-pad versions empty footprint? Is the footprint internally connected?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Tim

PS: I posted a similar question yesterday, but it appears to have disappeared. I’m sorry if I created duplicate posts.

Sorry, both identical posts are suddenly available on the forum. Maybe best to answer on my original post, instead of this one.

The identical original post can be found at:
https://forums.digi.com/79678/manually-solder-ufl-connector-on-rf-pad-module-possible