XCTU Firmware Library Error

The following error occurs everytime I try to update the Firmware Library.

Checking for Radio Firmware Uupdates has encountered a problem.

Error while loading firmware library:, “C:\Program Files(x86)\Digi\XCTU-NG\radio_firmwares”. Invalid XML contents.

OK Details

Hi, I am having the same problem. Have been using the latest version of XCTU now for about a month (Mac and Windows 10). Same problem started this morning.

1 Like

Win10, XCTU-NG. While trying to update firmware library, a recurring error as shown above. I have uninstalled 3 times, and reinstalled, to no avail. Is this a bug or should I consider it my error. I notice at least one other person having the same problem.

1 Like

I had the exact same issue. I was trying to make some changes to the configuration of the radio, I got the error message when I clicked on the radio module.
I tried several different things, eventually one worked!
I used an older version of X-CTU and was able to make changes. After I saved the changes, now the radios work. But I still cannot go to the settings with the newer version of the XCTU. I believe it is a software bug in X-CTU.

I just started getting this error this week. I have been noodling with the legacy XCTU as well based on recovery guidance in KB for programmable Xbee. All of sudden today I started getting this error on the current XCTU version.

I spent a week interacting with the Digi Support team on this issue for me. XCTU-NG was working fine for over a month and then I started getting this error. After working with them it turned out that I didn’t have rights to a certain directory. Running as Admin when launching the tool solved the problem.

I launch by shift right clicking on the item and “run as administrator”. It works perfectly now. Of course, I shouldn’t need to run as admin so still need to ponder that.

Hello, I am having the same problem as all of you. Does anyone have found any solution to this problem?

According to the release notes for the latest version of XCTU, it checks for the latest firmware before connecting to the device. If it can’t find the library you won’t connect. I downloaded the library and put it in the same folder as XCTU and now I can connect.

From where can you download this library? I configured my module using legacy XCTU firmware but when I use it with the modern XCTU, it cannot find the radio firmware library.