Acknowledgments management

Hello,
I have two XBPro24 S1 modules and wish to make a wireless connection between a midi instrument and its expander.
Unfortunately, I have difficulty with the English language and despite a careful datasheets reading and a big headache I have a question for you !

Does the XBee modules can manage the validity of packets in transparent mode ? Or should i necessarily use the API mode for this, parsing the frames by myself, to decode ack’s and request a new transmision if erroneous packets ?

Thanks for your help.
Best regards.

XBee module takes care of acknowledgement for unicast packet in transparent mode. If ack is not received in expected time frame, it goes for retries.

However, it will not report back anything if transmission is not successful even after retries. This is where API mode helps.

Thanks for your help.
I will first test in transparent mode.
I fear that the API mode is a bit too complicated for me !

Midi also requires specific non standard data rates as well as having its own software protocol. If you can get the data rates to work, then you may find that the specific midi software protocol may handle any retry and acknowledgments you may need.

A link between a Midi keyboard and my sound module is already operational : I don’t have to take care of the protocol, I simply " replaced " the cable by my two XBee modules (31250 bds).
It works with some " hiccups ", that is why I’d want to use handshaking.
Thank you Best regards.

Good to hear. Just wanted to make sure you were aware of that.

Thank you for your help.

Hello,
I use now for about three weeks, my Midi link between keyboard and expander.
I am pleasantly surprised at the reliability of this link, absolutely error free.
Thanks for your help.