AnywhereUSB/5 Gen 1 and NT4

I have an AnywhereUSB/5 Gen 1. I installed AnywhereUSB software on an NT4 system successfully and connect to the AnywhereUSB/5 hub just fine. I need to access a “USB to Serial” converter and a “USB to Parallel” converter. NT4 is not picking up the devices with Plug and Play. They get picked up under Win2K but unfortunately the application I need to run only works on NT4. I thought drivers were installed via the Anywhere USB software to allow NT4 to pick up these devices. RealPort is grayed out on the Driver installation splash screen. How do I get NT4 to recognise these USB devices?

Hello,

It’s been quite a while since I’ve used Windows NT 4, specifically with an AnywhereUSB, so this may be difficult to troubleshoot.

Try this driver and let me know it it helps:

http://ftp1.digi.com/support/driver/40002533_G.exe

This is the latest AWUSB driver for Windows NT 4, version 2.40.

Thank you but it is the same driver that was on the installation CD. The problem does not seem to be with the Anywhere hub but with NT picking up the devices attached to the hub. Any other ideas?

Are there any “USB to Serial” or “USB to Parallel” adapters out there that have drivers for Windows NT 4.0 ?

Digi offers an NT4 driver for our Edgeport brand USB-to-serial converters.

I’m not sure if we offer NT4 drivers for our USB-to-parallel devices, and to be honest, I’m doubtful that I will be able to get a definitive answer on that question considering NT4 is so old and we won’t want to spend support resources to research (and possibly) test that.