AWS: Stylesheets and JavaScript from Weather Station Demo

I’m trying to build a similar set of web pages as the Weather Station Demo that use a stylesheet to decorate the pages. I’m using NET+OS 6.3. The application builds fine, and the pages display, but with no stylesheet applied. I’ve checked the generated source (using the View Source option in my browser) and I see no significant (to me) difference between what is generated by my code and what is displayed in the Weather Station demo app at http://weather.digi.com/. One perhaps important difference is that on the Weather Station demo, if I enter the full path to the style sheet into my browser URL window, it is displayed. If I do the same for my app, I get an option to download it. I’m assuming there must be something that is indicating the content type that makes this different, but I have no idea what.

I’m currently installing the fixes ZIP from the download page hoping it makes a difference, as apparently it helped someone else with a similar problem diplaying XML. But I wanted to ask here in case anyone else had seen (and hopefully fixed) the same issue.

More info: The patch ZIP did not help. In the Firefox JavaScript Console, of all places, I found this:

Error: The stylesheet http://my.onlinereader.com/style/stylesheet.css was not loaded because its MIME type, “application/octet-stream”, is not “text/css”.
Source File: http://my.onlinereader.com/
Line: 0

Any idea what causes this, and more importantly how I can fix it?

This was a problem found with the web server. It has been corrected in a subsequent patch that can be obtained from at following URL:

http://ftp1.digi.com/support/patches/netos63gnu_patch.zip

  1. Apply this patch by unzipping it on top of your current installation.
  2. Rebuild your BSP.
  3. Rebuld your application.
  4. Don’t forget to clear out your browser cache.

Cameron

Thanks for the quick reply.

As noted in the first post, I was doing this (and have done it), and as I noted in my second post, it didn’t seem to fix it. However, it seems my problem was calling RpHSStartServer in my root.c, rather than NAHSStartServer. In other words, stupid me was calling the basic webserver, not the AWS.

Now to figure out why my settings pages can’t be edited. Probably something I don’t understand about realms and user accounts…