Best virtual server for PortServer?

Been running Virtual Iron (uses Xen Server as a base) for over a year now, and got two Digi PortServers working (TS 1 and TS 2), but the Faxmodem they connected to (a USR 56k and a MultiTech) would both have issues.

Digi support was helping me narrow down the issues – which was some error that would make the Windows XP fax software think the modem disconnected periodically. But I stopped since Virtual Iron was just purchased by Oracle.

Oracle has Oracle VM now which will incorporate Virtual Iron later this year.

But I am wondering what is the best (or what works successfully) for a virtual server/environment for a Digi PortServer?

VMware? Xen Server? Microsoft’s Hyper-V? Oracle VM even?

What has worked for you? Or what is recommended and tested?

What I am running is a virtualized Windows XP Pro machine that uses Windows fax software to talk to the faxmodem. Works fine not virtualized and with a real modem. Sure it could be the Digi PortServers and virtualized Windows XP, but just thought I’d see other people’s experiences with virtual servers.

-Ed

Though VMWare isn’t an OS we test our drivers against and therefore don’t officially support, I have heard of customers having success using our Realport driver with it.