Can i send command from serial port to ethernet port with digi connect me?

Hi, i’m a beginner in the microcontrollers world and i start with using the Digi Connect ME. After the configuration I attack the ethernet cable and the primary serial port with my PC and with HyperTerminal i start a connection between the two interfaces. I send command from the ethernet port with TCP/IP Winsock. Now i can exchange message from the two ports. Can i do the opposite, that is send command from serial port and start the connection from this?

> Now i can exchange message from the two ports. Can i do the opposite, that is send command from serial port and start the connection from this?
yes, you can

What firmware are you using? Netos? Plug and play ?

1 Like

Yes, i’m using Netos

Please take a look at sample application: C:
etos75\src\examples
atcptoserial\ it creates a bidirectional bridge between serial and TCP ports.

This application is a simple example demonstrating how to very simply pass
data recieved on a serial port to a TCP socket connection as well as take recieved
TCP data and pass it to the serial port. The inbound TCP socket connection is established through
a third party tool or application such as Microsoft Windows telnet client or Hypterminal using a
Winsock connection. This application will only accept a single TCP socket connection at a time.

This application also demonstrates how to read and write to a serial port within a single
thread using the select() function.

This example should work on all development boards that have a serial port available.

1 Like

Thank you so much, I’ll try to do this.