Can the 16-bit souce address be edited

To use a xbee module as sender and other xbee module as receiver, when using xbee in collaboration with arduino UNO to send data, I need to make the 16-bit source address(MY) of receiver as the destination address low(DL) of sender and vice-versa,keeping the same PAN id for both…The DL is editable but the MY is read only…what should I do???
Thanx in advance

What version of the XBee modules are you using?

I am trying to specify the MY address in s8 xbee (XB8-DMUS-002). I cannot see the option to specify it. The only related option that is there in XCTU is node identifier. How can I use a 16-bit addressing for the s8 xbee. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B85hFVXMgSfgUTNHWEUwNDM5X3c/view?usp=sharing

That product does not use a 16 bit MY value. It only allows you to use the 64 bit serial number as the Source address. The only other alternative is to use a NI value along with the DN command.

1 Like

I need to make the 16-bit source address(MY) of receiver as the destination address low(DL) of sender and vice-versa.

Thank you. The 64-bit addressing is not suitable for a network with more than 10-15 nodes which is why I wanted to use 16-bit addressing. The DN command returns the 64-bit address, so it might still not be efficient to address nodes in a large network. If I use source routing, and if one of the nodes is suddenly removed, will the network still work. What would be a good way to address a node in a network of 50-60 nodes.

I need to make the 16-bit source address(MY) of receiver as the destination address low(DL) of sender and vice-versa,keeping the same PAN id for both.

That is a function that the radio you are using simply does not support. Not to mention, for larger networks, you want to use the 64 bit address and not a 16 bit address.