Configuration Firmware and Code Warrior

After giving a few tests to my modules I have found that configuration using XCTU seems to disappear on power off.
I wonder why that is really.

Another thing I found was that flashing a module using Code Warrior makes it un capable of working with XCTU again even when just a boot loader is flashed on the module.

[ul]
Is there anyway to flash a module back with the stock bootloader?
Is it better to develop firmaware with code warrior rather then using XCTU?
If the settings are lost is the idea to develop a a config app or is XCTU just meant for a utility rather then a solution?
and last but not least how do you bridge the connection to the internet?
[/ul]

Thank you!

1 Like

Bootloader file is present in code warrior under sample projects. But you will need JTAG interface to load it on module.

1 Like

>> Is it better to develop firmaware with code warrior rather then using XCTU?

>>X-CTU can only be used to access and edit module’s parameter or to load program/firmware. Its not for coding purpose.

I believe you mean “developing programs” for programmable modules. Yes, its the best application for programming but it useful for programmable modules only.

1 Like

>> If the settings are lost is the idea to develop a a config app or is XCTU just meant for a utility rather then a solution?

>> If you will WRITE changes on module’s memory then it will be permanent. Use “Write” button of X-CTU

1 Like

>> and last but not least how do you bridge the connection to the internet?

>> these modules cannot connect to internet directly. The only idea coming to my mind is to have a Connect Port X4 acting as coordinator of all xbee modules. You can connect xbee network to digi’s Device Cloud service via CPX4.

1 Like