Confused newboy of Wiltshire

I am trying to develop some products based on the ME and Wi-ME modules.

I have an integrator dev kit and Net+ software.

I have been trying to get my head around the Net+Works documentation and environment for a few weeks and have hit a brick wall.

The first problem is that the tutorial for the Net+Works 6.3 environment does not tie up with what happens when you follow it – is there an errata?

I have mastered, UDP, TCP/IP, HTML, email on alarm, PICmicro interfacing and module customisation.

I then decided to try taking a basic website with a dynamic web page and uploading it onto an ME. I ran HTML2C successfully, but have now drawn a blank. There does not appear to be any documentation showing how to convert the C files into a format that can be uploaded into the ME. I have Microsoft VC6, Sun Java Studio and I think most other software to enable me to develop an embedded application.

I know age is against me, but having worked with the PICmicro for 14 years and VB6 for a little less, so I don’t normally feel so thick when working with new software.

Help.

Good luck. It has takem me weeks just to figure out how to build a simple TCP client. I still can’t get a trivial TCP echo server to work correctly. The “Programmer’s Guide” is more like a bunch of bullet points from a sales brochure, and the help is anything but helpful.

Hi,

What is your real problem? You have to include your C-converted html files into a new project, and in the main call :

HSRegisterSearchFunction(AppSearchURL, AppPreprocessURL);
and
HSStartServer();

Maybe have I forgotten some things, but it is this way…

Paul

I am still using 6.0, but I essentially tossed all the strange built in functions and use standard ANSI C libraries to program everything. The only documentation I used after taking one of the sample apps as a template was the NetOS Reference HLP file which is written much better than the rest of the documentation (although there is still stuff missing).

1. Take a sample app, compile it and see if it works.
  2. Rename it to your project, then start adding stuff.
  3. Have fun!

-Erik