Difference between .lst file and Inspect-Disassemble at Address

I have noticed that the list (.lst) file doesn’t contain all functions from the source code. However, if I am in debug mode in the development environment I can use Inspect-Disassemble at Address or Disassemble at Cursor and get exactly what I want. I suspect that this feature is independent of the .lst file and the disassembly is produced on the fly.

Is there any way to get the .lst file to do what it really should do? Maybe a secret commandline option when running Dccl_CMP.exe?

1 Like

You’re correct that the debugger disassembles on the fly, and I believe it uses the map file (or one of the other output files) to map names to addresses.

And my recollection is that the LST file excludes the bios and libraries referenced by the BIOS. I am not aware of a hidden compiler option to change that behavior.

The MAP file should provide you with placement information, but you would need to continue using the debugger to get disassembly of the BIOS and associated libraries. I would expect your code and libraries to appear in the LST file in their entirety.