drivers for 2003 not working

when i install my anywhereusb/5 on my vm 2003r2 server it is not working. the drivers that are getting loaded are not working as they are an issue in device manager for the anywhereusb host controller. this works fine on xp so i know it isn’t the device. i’ve gone to the digi website and downloaded what i believe are the correct drivers for 2003 but still no luck. any ideas?

thanks,

The following workaround is required for installing an AnywhereUSB on a Virtual Machine:

1. Make sure Windows is configured to show file extensions. In My Computer, click “Tools / Folder Options” then click the “View” tab. Scroll down and uncheck “Hide extensions for known file types” (unless it’s already unchecked) then click OK.

2. Search the Windows CD (that matches the OS of the Host PC) for a file called “usbd.sy_” (it should be in the i386 folder). For example, if the Host PC is running Windows 2003, then use a Windows 2003 CD.

3. Copy “usbd.sys_” and paste it in “c:\windows\system32\drivers” (or c:\winnt\system32\drivers for Windows 2000), then rename the file to “usbd.sys”. Be sure to paste it in the “drivers” folder, not just “system32”.

4. Open the AnywhereUSB Configuration Utility, click “View / Driver Information / Uninstall” and reboot the Virtual Machine when prompted.

5. After Windows loads, re-install the AnywhereUSB software and follow the normal installation procedure - you should go through a total of 5 found new hardware wizards, and the 5 port LEDs should be solid green once the AnywhereUSB is installed and connected to the Host PC.

Thank you for such a quick response on this. That did the trick and all is working good now.

thanks again!