First Time DevKit-User

Hi,
We would like to start using the development-kit with a digi-connect me, because we want to develop a tcp-multi-client with this digi-connect me. Is there something to thing about, using this kit, generally?

Peter,

I am not quite certain what it is you are inquirying about here. IF you can provide more detail as to your concerns and questions, perhaps more specific answers can be provided.

Cameron

Cameron,
first thanks for the quick answer.
Ok, I’ll trie. Now we are using a Lantronix-XPort-Device to transceive data from/to a TCP-client to/from a serial connected PIC16F876A. In future we want to connect several (min. 2) TCP-clients at the same time to the PIC16F876A. So we decided to use the digi-device, because it is programmable. The generally question now is, if this is possible and what are the hints.

Peter

Peter,

The quick answer is, yes, it is possible to write an embedded application that accepts multiple TCP connections to share a single internal resource (e.g. serial port).

As for hints, that is sort of an open ended question. There are always the basic tips, watch out for memory leaks and avoid null pointers, but I am sure this was not what you were looking for.

I have attached a zip file containing the API Reference guide for NET+OS 6.3. With this document you can see what API’s and functions we provide.

We also provide a number of example applications, with the development kit, including a few involving TCP sockets.

Cameron

Peter,

The quick answer is, yes, it is possible to write an embedded application that accepts multiple TCP connections to share a single internal resource (e.g. serial port).

As for hints, that is sort of an open ended question. There are always the basic tips, watch out for memory leaks and avoid null pointers, but I am sure this was not what you were looking for.

A copy of API Reference guide for NET+OS 6.3 can be downloaded at the following URL, ftp://ftp1.digi.com/support/images/connect/devkit/ApiReference-v6.3.zip. With this document you can see what API’s and functions we provide.

We also provide a number of example applications, with the development kit, including a few involving TCP sockets.

Cameron

Cameron,
I will have a look on this, so thank you for the moment.

Peter