Flash application

I have an application that I want to keep on my Digi ConnectME9210 but it gets erased whenever I turn the board off. How do I go about installing the application so that it persists on the device until I reflash?

if you put an application (image.bin) in flash using ftp it will stay there until you flasj something else.
What is your procedure of flashing your app?

I flash the module by building/installing an kernel/rootfs project, then doing update linux tftp, update rootfs tftp, dboot linux flash from the uboot console.

How do I got about ftp’ing the binary in flash? I can only seem to write to /tmp/ through ftp. Is there a way to unlock the filesystem?

>I flash the module by building/installing an kernel/rootfs project, then doing update linux tftp, update rootfs tftp, dboot linux flash from the uboot console.
This does indeed programs flash and it will be persistent. Do all those commands complete successfully?
if so, then you have your images in FLASH and they willl stay there until you repeat the above procedure.
Your rootfs is indeed read only because it is SQUASHFS so you cannot modify it from userspace. but “update” command above updates it with image you have built on host.
If the above works, what seems to be the problem?

Hi again, sorry to resurrect this old thread. Yes the procedure works, but I would like to keep my application flashed on the Digi module even after the module is powered off. It seems that I need to reprogram it or ftp the executable over every time the module is powered off. I tried to modify what filesystem I’m using but I get a kernel panic error if I try to use anything but SQUASHFS

update command in uboot updates flash and this survives power loss or reset until it’s reprogrammed again. only /temp is mounted to RAM and wil be lost with power cycle