forward incoming udp traffic to serial port

Hello everyone,

I am trying to forward incoming UDP packets to a serial device connected to one of the serial ports in my TrasportServer 4.

I can coonect through the Portserver TS, using TCP traffic (namely, a telnet connection to an open port on the Portserver TS). I have a traffic monitor running on the serial side, which shows me that TCP traffic gets across, whilst UDP does not.

I am using the “UDP sockets” profile on the PortServer TS, and I am sending UDP packets to the port configured in “UDP server” section of the Port profile settings.

I also performed my traffic relaying tests with a laptop directly connected to the PortServer, so to rule-out the possibility that my network was filtering-out the UDP packets. Even so, the PortServer TS does not relay my UDP traffic.

Can anyone help my figure out what is wrong here?

Also, can anyone point out how can I enable and access some sort of traffic log on the Portserver?

Best regards.

… ok… my bad! Apparently I had some cable issues.

However… I now have another issue (which also falls under forwarding UDP traffic towards serial):
My UDP packets (with ASCII text) include newline for formatting. How can I relay the newline character with a “UDP sockets” profile?.. or with any other profile?

Best regards.

I need help. What do i put to forward to my local address? i am little bit confused

In UDP sockets profile, you can add destinations (in UDP client section) for incoming UDP traffic that is fowarded by the Portserver. Simply add you “local address” there and you’re done.