GDB Connection Terminates when I hit a breakpoint.

I have been using GDB debugger to debug my Connect ME 9210 for a month without problems. Now when I hit a break-point the debugger terminates the connection. The exit code in ESP is . The console window states “Attempt to deference a generic pointer.”

If i remove all break-points and tell debugger not to stop in ApplicationStart() the program will run. the moment I add a break point and it hits the program terminates I outlined above. Any ideas?

I reinstalled Digi ESP and it started debugging fine.

My Digi ESP works for one debug, but then I need to exit and restart to do it a second time otherwise it will freeze and need Task Manager to kill it.

The bug that bothers me is that the #$@%^@ java code that the thing is written in blocks my second serial port.

I hope you get an answer.

-Erik

By the statement:“My Digi ESP works for one debug, but then I need to exit and restart to do it a second time otherwise it will freeze and need Task Manager to kill it.”

Are you referring to hitting a second breakpoint or are you referring to ending your debug session and starting a debug session anew.

If the latter, are you referring to having to end your ESP session and download a second time to debug anew?

Yes. A full exit and restart of the whole thing.

I was telling dpitts that he isn’t alone with Digi ESP problems.

Although my problem was fixed by a reinstall i thought i would ask a question related to the conversation.

Having come from a software background I become impatient waiting for the firmware to be loaded back into device every time I want to simply reset/relaunch the program being debugged. Is there a way not to have to reload when i want the program to begin from the beginning.

Sorry there are no methods or APIs in ESP to allow you to restart the image without re-downloading the image into the device.

The problem i described above happened again. Does anybody have an answer to solve the break point termination problem i am experiencing.

I could have been caused by invalid watch expressions.