How do I mount an nfs directory on digi connect 9210

One of the features listed for the Digi connect 9210 is NFS. How can I mount my development host directory unto the /mnt/User-JFFS2/devl but because the fstab is within readonly file system. How can I mount it.

Have you seend the section 2.2.2 NFS Server on the Getting Started Guide. This guide can be found under help on your DigiESP environment. This section shows how to add the read/write access for the target by editing the /etc/exports file to provide r/w access to the target.

Hi
Thanks for your response. Unfortunately I can’t seem to find help on DigiESP environment. Have you got a link where I can’t download this “Getting Started Guide”.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards

Hello,
When you install the DigiESP 5.7 Embedded Linux DVD it puts that document inside the following path;
/usr/local/DigiEL-5.7/docs/Software/del_doc/html
Do you have access to this?

Hi Campell,

Yea, found it thanks. the path on my system is located at /usr/local/DigiEL-5.2/docs/Software/del_doc/html.

I will have a play and let you report back on how I got on. Thank for your relentless support.

Regards

Hi Campell,

I tried mounting the my host machine directory but no luck. I don’t think the kernel build used on my target has support for nfs.

Below is a the listing found in my /proc/filesystems
~ # cat /proc/filesystems
nodev sysfs
nodev rootfs
nodev bdev
nodev proc
nodev debugfs
nodev sockfs
nodev pipefs
nodev anon_inodefs
nodev tmpfs
nodev devpts
squashfs
nodev ramfs
nodev jffs2

I edited the host machine /etc/exprts file to export my devl directory as follows:
/home/olaoni/devl target_ip_address(rw,all_squash,anonuid=1000,anongid=1000,async,no_subtree_check)

Any other suggestion will be appreciated.

Regards

You’ll need to configure the Kernel to add the nfs option, see section 6.4 where it lists the Kernel arguments.

Thanks I will try and give it go and get back to you.

Hi Campell,

I mentioned that I will get back to you regarding my nfs issue, well it looks like I have to forget about getting nfs working on my target due to two main reasons.

First reason is that I don’t have access to the serial port which I believe is needed during the kernel update.

Second reason is lack of space on JFFS2 system system. At present, all I have is 25% memory left and I still need more applications to be implemented.

If my understanding of reason (1) is incorrect then please correct this. And I will give it a try.

Many thanks in advance.