How do I use a PortServer TS4H with a dynamic IP address and serial bridgin

I am trying to establish a serial bridging connection between a server and a device which only understands serial communications. The remote device unfortunately only has available a dynamic IP address which changes so often. Every once in a while, when the remote end changes it’s IP address I lose the connection and am no longer able to connect. Is it possible to use the PS in this configuration and not lose the connection when the remote changes it’s IP address?

Actually what I would really like to know is whether or not Digi has any plans to implement a DDNS solution for their port servers. Is this something that could be solved with a firmware upgrade? In the meantime, is there a solution to having a dynamic IP address?

I believe the solution would be external.

The server you’re connecting from will need to know the destination IP of your Portserver TS4 H. If a router or something between the server and TS4 is changing the IP address of the TS4, you’ll need to find a way to tell the server that the TS4 IP address has changed.

Some possible solutions:

Server connects to the “name” of the TS4 rather than its IP address, as long as the DNS server is updating the DNS name with the new IP address of the TS4.

Set the dhcp server to always give the TS4 the same IP address when it updates.

Both of these solutions are external to the TS4, one involving DNS server configuration, the other DHCP server config.