How to change the 16 bit address

Hello I have two XBee USB S2 , one XBee is a Coordinator and the other XBee is an End Device . They have the firmware XB24B-COORDINATOR API and XB24B-END DEVICE API.
I would like to know if it is possible to change the value 16 bit address of the End Device ( MY ) . ( I can not change it by the XCTU ).
I also would like to know , when the Zigbee Net is started , if it is possible to change the value of the 16 bit address of the End Device by the Coordinator .

I mean , once the Network has started , when the Coordinator sets a 16 bit address to the End Device , if there is anyway that the user specifies a specific 16 bit address .

You can only change the 16 bit address on the coordinator. You must issue an “ATII” followed by the address you desire. The end device should then try to find the coordinator.

If these are API units you’ll need to send an API frame to change the address on the coordinator, the details of which are in the data sheet. You can use the X-CTU software - change the 16 bit address on the coordinator, then re-associate the end device. This is assuming they are on the same 64-bit PAN ID, and the scan channel mask bits are set correctly.

You use ATII if they are programmed as AT units, yours aren’t.

Hello ,I try to change the 16 bit address in the End Device XBEE USB S2 using “ATII” at command and I can’t use this command . Do you know if this command is available for XBEE USB S2 ? .
I have two XBEE USB S2 modems and I can not change the MY address of the END DEVICE in the terminal console of the COORDINATOR and in the terminal console of the END DEVICE using ATII command . I use the XB24B - COORDINATOR -AT - 1020 Fw version and the XB24B-END DEVICE -AT - 1220 Fw version .

I attached the Coordinator and End Device configuration .

It is supposed that the END DEVICE has the MY= 55BF and the COORDINATOR has MY = 0.

The following AT commands have been executed in the console of the COORDINATOR :

+++OK

ATMY

ATII 3456
ERROR

ATII 1234
ERROR

ATII 55BF 1234
ERROR

ATII55BF 1234
ERROR

In the END DEVICE

+++OK
atmy
55BF
ATII1234
ERROR

ATMY
55BF

ATII 4567 55BF
ERROR
ATII 55BF 4567
ERROR

Do you know what is the problem and the “ATII” syntaxis ?
Thanks
gorsanmo

Hello ,I try to change the 16 bit address in the End Device XBEE USB S2 using “ATII” at command and I can’t use this command . Do you know if this command is available for XBEE USB S2 ? .
I have two XBEE USB S2 modems and I can not change the MY address of the END DEVICE in the terminal console of the COORDINATOR and in the terminal console of the END DEVICE using ATII command . I use the XB24B - COORDINATOR -AT - 1020 Fw version and the XB24B-END DEVICE -AT - 1220 Fw version .

I attached the Coordinator and End Device configuration .

It is supposed that the END DEVICE has the MY= 55BF and the COORDINATOR has MY = 0.

The following AT commands have been executed in the console of the COORDINATOR :

+++OK

ATMY

ATII 3456
ERROR

ATII 1234
ERROR

ATII 55BF 1234
ERROR

ATII55BF 1234
ERROR

In the END DEVICE

+++OK
atmy
55BF
ATII1234
ERROR

ATMY
55BF

ATII 4567 55BF
ERROR
ATII 55BF 4567
ERROR

Do you know what is the problem and the “ATII” syntaxis ?
Thanks
gorsanmo

I think FordCF2000 said it best when he said:
“You can only change the 16 bit address on the coordinator”

I also note that you’re using 1x20 firmware, which was the first ZNet 2.5 release we had, and referring to an undocumented ZNet 2.5 command which has finally been documented in the ZB OEM manual on bottom of page 27/top of page 28 at this link:
http://ftp1.digi.com/support/documentation/90000976_C.pdf

I’d recommend at the very least updating to the 1x47 ZNet 2.5 firmware if you are trying to use this command to replace your Coordinator or something, since the command is Coordinator-only.

Lastly, I moved your post from the 802.15.4 forum, since you are asking questions about/and have ZNet 2.5 modules, not 802.15.4. Also, MY is a read-only parameter.