How to change XBee PRO packet structure to conform to 802.15.4 specifications

Hi,

when I send a packet with XBee PRO containing a string ‘HELLO WORLD’, it has (when captured by a sniffer) the following structure:

61 88 00 34 12 34 12 12 12 01 00 48 45 4c 4c 4f 00 57 4f 52 4c 44

the first 9 bytes create the header and the last 11 bytes are the payload (the above mentioned string) and the two middle bytes are added by the XBee module during packetization - first is a sequential number (second one - there is a SEQ counter in the third byte - as specified by 802.15.4) and the second is always NULL. Since acording to IEEE specification, these bytes are part of the payload, I would like to be able to send a packet without them - my question is: is there a way to get rid of them (i.e. force the XBee module not to include them in a packet during packetization process)?
I can, of course, parse the packet on the recieving end (CC2530) to get to the payload itself but it would mean that I wouldn’t be able to use certain embedded functions without modifying them…

Are you using API frame maker to generate the frame?
Use the following link to generate the packet, ftp://ftp1.digi.com/support/utilities/digi_apiframes2.htm and see if you run into similar issue again.