How to do channel scanning,PAN broadcast by coordinator with XBee Series 2?

Hi,
Actually I need to setup a mesh network with 1 coordinator, 2 routers and 2 end devices with Xbee series…
I used X-CTU software and updated with firmware one module as ZNET 2.5 Coordinator, remaining four modules as ZNET 2.5 ROUTER/END DEVICE.
And the channel is 14, PAN ID is 234 and Network address for coordinator is “0”, all remaining modules got some network address(MY) otherthan FFFE(From this we can confirm that modules joined the network started by coordinator)…
I was able to set channel and PAN ID and N/W address because first i configured coordinator and without disconnect coordinator, using another XBee explorer I connected I connected another XBee modules as router, as already coordinator is ON, This router got channel, PAN ID and N/W address from coordinator…
Then I disconnected this router and connected another modules to configure it as router without disconnecting coordinator…
I repeated same procedure for all modules…So every module got same PAN ID and channel…

after that I attached modules to arduino board and started XBee transmit and receive script with boardcast and unicast address…everything is working fine…

My DOUBT here is using transmit status and receiver request packet if i check the Othermodule network address as below…
//Below is for creating object for ZBTxStatusResponse()
ZBTxStatusResponse txStatus = ZBTxStatusResponse()
//below line is for getting N/W address
Serial.println(txStatus.getRemoteAddress(),HEX)

here i am getting network address as FFFE…

Why this happening…?

My doubt is
channel scanning, PAN discovery, PAN broadcast by coordinator will be done automatically or do we need to write a program for that also…(I am using arduino XBee library API)
I s there any function in API mode to get PAN ID and channel?

How the network will be formed in this case?

The functions you are referring to are performed by the Coordinator on network start-up. Just note that you are using out dated firmware that is not support by anyone for more than 3 years. Try updating to the Current XBee ZB function sets with the 2xA7 code versions.