How to isolate Sleep for power management on XBIB-U-DEV?

I’m confused by this paragraph in one of the examples:

Have a look to the Sleep Request Pin (XPIN9 on S2B and XPIN10 on S2C). That pin is normally connected to DTR# in the XBee USB interface board. In order to use PowerManagement examples using this pin it is necessary to isolate it from the XBee USB interface board interference. For isolation, a 0R resistor (R39) is available on XBee USB interface board. An intermediate board with jumpers can be used as well.
What does “For isolation a resistor is available” mean? I have to de-solder R39 just to isolate SLEEP_RQ?

I am afraid that yes, you have to desolder that resistor, however, check with the XBIBs schematics available here that R39 is the correct resistor (there are several versions of XBIB).

XBIBs were originally designed for regular non-programmable XBees, that’s why this pin is connected…

Also here there is a post explaining how to build an intermediate board.

Bear in mind that XPIN9 is not available for other uses in S2Bs, you would need it only for non-programmable XBees.

Thanks for the reply. When you say

Bear in mind that XPIN9 is not available for other uses in S2Bs, you would need it only for non-programmable XBees.
do you mean I can safely remove that resistor and I won’t need it for anything else? I’m worried about removing it and then having to replace it, especially with these huge mitts :slight_smile:

Hello,

Yes, the XPIN_9 in programmable S2Bs can not be re-assigned (like, for example, the XPIN20 or the RSSI output), at least with current firmwares…

So, for the moment, you shouldn’t need the resistor. And in the future… nevermind, that pin is not useful in XBIBs :stuck_out_tongue:

Regards,