How to make the xbee S2C send data instead of node identification indicator

Hi everybody,

I’m quite new to XBees at all. My project is about sending data from two XBees configured as routers and connected to pressure sensors to a coordinator connected with a raspberry pi. The Pi should then be able to identify where the data is coming from and process it depending on the source.

The XBees are already in the same network. Whenever I push a pressure sensor, a Frame is send and received but it’s a Node Identification Indicator instead of a Frame containing sensor data. Sensor data is important because in the future other sensors like infra red or something should be used. To cut a long story short I want the XBees to send Transmit Requests instead of Node Identification Indicators.

Does anyone know how to configure the XBees to solve this problem?

Have you tried sending the IS command in the form of a Remote AT command using the API interface?

I’ve tried to send an AT Command in the XCTU Console Mode, but it does not seem to work, at least nothing appeared at the receiver’s frame log. A Transmit Request works totally fine though.

Try using a frame like this:

7E 00 0F 17 01 00 13 A2 00 40 DD E3 50 FF FE 02 49 53 47

Note that the frame I just provided is for a module that has a MAC address of 00 13 A2 00 40 DD E3 50. Your would be different. But that should give you an idea as to what I am referring to.