How to resolve OSError:[Errno 7005] EIO ?

Hello colleagues!

I am currently following the “Sense, Transform and Send Value” tutorial available at the DIGI website:

https://www.digi.com/blog/hands-on-micropython-programming-examples-for-edge-computing-part-1/

When I run the MicroPython code, I get the following error code:

connected to cell network.
   Send failure [Errno 7005] EIO

Essentially, the code intended to make the XBee device send an SMS message to my cell phone with the temperature reading can’t be sent/received.

How can I fix this error? Am I missing a step?

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

3 Likes

Same Error here… I think I have tried everything… Do you see PH of your SIM when connected? I don’t see, but in the example it is visible…

I am facing this issue with UMQTT while using deep sleep.

my code wakes up then (normal)sleeps for 1 second between every command then tries to send a string via mqtt.

Anyone was able to solve this ?

1 Like

I have found this to happen randomly when connecting. The only solution I have found is more of a work-around and that’s to retry until it does go through.

Damm even I am having a similar kind of issue, I have searched all over the internet and even have posted on number of threads on different forum, no solution seems to work. I am really frustrated, can anyone of you here help me resolve this issue, I am very much tired now.

Error 7005 is a catch all error.