How will I receive the Voltage Supply Monitoring values?

In the XBee AT commands specification it is stated the following:

(…)The voltage supply threshold is set with the V+ command. If the measured supply voltage falls below or equal to this threshold, the supply voltage will be included in the IO sample set. (…)

I’m not sure of it’s meaning. Does it mean that if it goes below the define threshold, every IO Sample transmitted will also include the voltage value?

If that’s true, to which pin will it be associated?
And, although, the following scenario may not make sense, what if a specific node only transmits a IO Sample once / month? Does that mean that in the meanwhile no “Voltage Supply” value is transmitted?

Thanks for clarifying.

Carlos

Yes that is correct. It will be sent out with an IO sample packet not associated to a specific pin. That is assuming that your receiving radio is in API mode.

1 Like

Hi mvut,

Thanks for answering. And I assume that it will only be sent out included in a already existent IO Sample, otherwise it won’t be sent out at all, correct?

No, you don’t need to have the IO function enabled to get this data. You only need to have the battery voltage function enabled.

But I imagine that at least it will use the IO frequency parameter, unless there is a pre-defined one for sending this data.

What is the exact product you are referring to?

XBee S2B not the Pro version, although it applies the same concept in terms of monitoring the input voltage.

Once again, what is said in the documentation is:

(…)The voltage supply threshold is set with the V+ command. If the measured supply voltage falls below or equal to this threshold, the supply voltage will be included in the IO sample set. (…)

So, it’s not clear at all. Actually when it says “included” it seems to mean, that no particular IO Sample will be created to send that information, but it will be “included” in any other IO Sample frame that is already sent from that XBee.

On the other hand, if it actually sends an IO Sample specifically for that information, the question is, with which frequency.

I am sorry but I don’t know. That is something that you may be better off simply testing to see what it does.

I will… eventually!

Thanks for your help anyway!