is it possible to mirror one port through the other one?

My idea:

I’ve got 2 PortServers (TS2 MEI) connecting to each other by using modem emulation (port1 to port1), I do this with a terminal emulation. Now I want to access the connection through the port2 where I have an aplication that needs a serial connection but can’t handle modems. All I seem to need is a possibility to mirror port1 on port2…

Any idea?

Tanks!

P.S.: I can’t use RealPort because it’s a DOS aplication that does not accept virtual devices; It works with “serial tunneling” but I need an easy possibility to access different PortServers from the same PC.

I’m not sure I understand what you want to do. What do you mean by “want to access the connection through the port2”? What connection? Do you want to access the port1-port1 existing tcp tunnel from port 2?

“P.S.: I can’t use RealPort because it’s a DOS aplication that does not accept virtual devices; It works with “serial tunneling” but I need an easy possibility to access different PortServers from the same PC.”

I believe this would be possible by way of a connect menu, where a user would login to the TS2, then be given a menu of places they can connect.

“…Do you want to access the port1-port1 existing tcp tunnel from port 2?”

exactly!

"…I believe this would be possible by way of a connect menu, where a user would login to the TS2, then be given a menu of places they can connect. "

What do you mean by that?

My problem is, that after connecting using modem emulation in hyperterminal the operating system doesn’t allow any access to the com port through other aplications cause it’s already used by the terminal emulation and there is no way to close the terminal aplication without disconnecting.

Thanks!