LAN Connectport TS16 drops connection, cant ping for a brief period, then looses packages.

We have a new connectport TS16 working for the past month but suddenly it started to drop the connection to the SCO server, when trying to ping from the server it loses packages, the same happens with other windows computers it becomes unreachable for a moment then it loses some packages then normalizes . When the device becomes reachable I have to restart the server for it to recognice the device again.It was working for a month since I bought it. Thanks in advance

Is there anything you can think of that changed in the environment since this issue started being observed?

Are you running the most current CP TS 16 firmware?

Have you tried “hard coding” the Ethernet speed and duplex settings, for example to 100 Mbit / Full duplex, if it’s currently set to Auto (and configuring the port of the switch it’s connected to the same way)?

First of all I apologize for the delay answering I´ve been extremely busy. Yes the firmware is up to date, the enviroment hasnt change not even a little bit, the hard coding didnt work. UPDATE: the device sometimes it starts working perfectly then it loses some packages until it drops the connection completely. Im lost here cant find the reason.

Is this seen on more than one ConnectPort TS unit (you mention SCO and Windows)?

Are there any errors logged in the messages file of the SCO host?

Is the ConnectPort TS unit located on the local LAN?

Is it possible there might be a bad Ethernet cable or port on the network HUB/Switch? You might want to try swapping the cable and port on the network switch to see if there is a difference in behavior.

Im very sorry for the late answer, I have an old Digi Connectport TS16 (Plastic housing) working fine, and 2 new units with this problem, the problem persist in 2 EoIP VPN enviroment and through the LAN Network, no error on the logs and sometimes I can access the unit through web interface in some PC´s on the network and not from others. The old unit work perfectly

Im very sorry for the late answer, I have an old Digi Connectport TS16 (Plastic housing) working fine, and 2 new units with this problem, the problem persist in 2 EoIP VPN enviroment and through the LAN Network, no error on the logs and sometimes I can access the unit through web interface in some PC´s on the network and not from others. The old unit work perfectly

Sounds like you need to run a network trace to find out what is happening with the packets.