List Incoming SMS on XBee

I am working with a Digi Xbee LTE connected via USB to a Raspberry Pi using PHP to send and receive SMS, but standard AT commands don’t seem to be working to receive SMS. How can I check for incoming SMS messages using AT commands? Here is the output of the serial port:

AT+CPMS=?
+CPMS: ("SM","ME"),("SM","ME"),("SM","ME")

OK
AT+CPMS="SM"
+CPMS: 0,0,0,0,0,0

OK
AT+CMGL="ALL"
OK

+CMT: "4805554027","","17/11/15,09:58:47+00"
Test

+CMT: "4805554027","","17/11/15,09:59:11+00"
Test 2
AT+CMGL="ALL"
OK
AT+CMGR=1
+CMS ERROR: 321

CPMS shows that it supports SM, so we set it to that and try getting all messages. I get an empty “OK” response. Then on my cell phone I send it a SMS and it prints instantly on the screen without me running any commands to retrieve them. At least now I know it should have some SMS to view now, so I run AT+CMGL=“ALL” again, and get an empty “OK” response.

Because of the nature of Serial, I can’t have my PHP application that is running over USB listening for incoming messages constantly and be able to send, it has to do one or the other. Because of that, I need to be able to alternately send messages, then check for incoming, but it doesn’t seem to store them or something.

This is a result of the current version of the telet firmware on the LTE that has a bug in the CMGL=“All” command where it is not working. You will need to wait for the next release of the Telet code or do a continuous read for the messages.