Modbus TCP on Rabbit Core 6700 Series

Hi,

I have just bought a RC6700 Deluxe development kit to create a Modbus TCP slave controller.

The Dynamic C version supplied is 10.64 which only shows the libraries but no sample code to work from.

Sorry, but this is my first foray into Rabbit Modules and I could do with a sample program to get me going.

I cannot find the BL2000 sample program mentioned elsewhere in this forum, it isn’t online anymore?

Grateful for any help.

Thanks

1 Like

Hello , I think they have removed samples from the Dynamic C 10, So check with the digi technical support team. They will provide the samples. send mail to support.wizards@digi.com

I have taken same problem. But the technical support keep silence more than two days.

Technical support, please, answer me

Have you tried downloading the Modbus TCP 1.02 package from http://www.digi.com/support/productdetail?pid=4978 to see if there is some examples in that that you could use as a starting point?

Regards,
Peter

Yes, i have tried. But i catch some errors:

line 22 : ERROR MODBUS_SERIAL_SLAVE.C : BL2600A is out of scope/ not declared.
line 30 : ERROR MODBUS_SERIAL_SLAVE.C : LP3500 is out of scope/ not declared.
line 42 : ERROR MODBUS_SERIAL_SLAVE.C : This board (
line 48 : WARNING MODBUS_SERIAL_SLAVE.C : Reference to ‘brdInit’ has no corresponding prototype.
line 49 : ERROR MODBUS_SERIAL_SLAVE.C : LP3500 is out of scope/ not declared.
line 51 : ERROR MODBUS_SERIAL_SLAVE.C : BL2600A is out of scope/ not declared.
line 61 : WARNING MODBUS_SERIAL_SLAVE.C : Reference to ‘MODBUS_Serial_Init’ has no corresponding prototype.

It will do impossible any future steps

Help me!

From hat I can remember when I looked at this before:

1. The Modbus installer puts some of the lib files in \lib\Modbus and not \lib\rabbit4000\Modbus so you may need need to add that path to your lib.dir file.

2. I think the BL2600 is a Rabbit 3000 device and the files for that will probably need DC9.x to compile if you want to see how the files go together.

3. You will probably need to have a good look at all the Modbus bits and sample programs and build a RCM6700 specific test app yourself based on the rather disjointed set of examples and libs.

Regards,
Peter

Thanks Peter very much! Can you send me a few examples to try? please

Unfortunately, I haven’t implemented Modbus TCP in our products yet so I can’t be of much help other than pointing you at what’s currently available :frowning:

I used the Digi Modbus Serial library as a starting point and heavily modified it to make it more resilient for my purposes.

Regards,
Peter